Norway & The Spectacular Fjords
Join us as we explore Norway and its spectacular Fjords. From the secluded Telemark to the western fjords, we take the opportunity to find out for ourselves what it is about the Norwegian landscape that makes it so irresistible.
• Coach travel and reserved seating throughout
• Overnight sailings on P&O Ferries from Hull on a dinner and breakfast basis with ensuite inside bunk cabins
• Overnight stay in Kolding Denmark, on a bed and breakfast basis
• Three nights buffet dinner, bed and buffet breakfast at the Quality Straand Hotel, Vradal (or similar)
• Three nights buffet dinner, bed and buffet breakfast at the Stalheim Hotel, Stalheim (or similar)
• Overnight stay in Horten on a bed and breakfast basis
• Overnight stay in the Neumunster of Germany on a bed and continental breakfast basis
• Return fast ferries between Denmark & Norway
• Excursion around the Telemark region, Hardangervidda Plateau & Vemork Museum
• Internal Norwegian ferry crossings
• Visit Sognefjord Circular with included entrance to Norwegian Wild Salmon Centre and Borgund Stave Church
• Included Fjord Cruise ‘Norway in a Nutshell’ taking in Flam, Naeroyfjord and Aurlandsfjord.
• Return Flam Railway journey to Myrdal.
We require full names and dates of birth for all passengers travelling.
At times we operate a feeder system which may involve seat numbers being changed for a section of the journey. If this should happen you will be advised before departure.
The beautiful open space of Telemark is known for its uninhabited reaches and the lack of people. The perfect opportunity for anyone looking to get away from it all, Telemark is a county wide retreat, with a diverse landscape that looks as though it hasn't changed in centuries.
Extending 04 kilometres inland, Sognefjord is an outstanding example of how beautiful the Norwegian Fjords can be. As the longest and deepest of all Noway's fjords, the animals, plants and people who live and work on the coastline all have a story to tell about the magnificence and uniqueness of Sognefjord.
Norway in a Nutshell
Taking you through some of the most beautiful sections of Norway's famous fjords, this tranquil tour arrives in the small tour arrives in the small village of Flam before taking journeys through the scenic mountainsides and onto idyllic village where time itself appears to have stood still. Including a journey on The Flam Railway , this unforgettable journey is unlike anything you will have seen before as the iconic landscape of unspoiled beauty unfolds before you.
Quality Straand Hotel, Vradal
Relax in this delightful hotel built beside a beautiful lake. In addition to the comfortable rooms, the hotel offers a lovely terrace and lakeside garden.
Hotel Features: All bedrooms with en-suite facilities • Restaurant • Bar • Lift • Indoor swimming pool • Free Wi Fi.
Stalheim Hotel, Stalheim
This historic hotel in the glorious setting between the Sognefjord and Hardangerfjord offers a comfortable stay and a warm welcome.
Hotel Features: All bedrooms with en-suite facilities • Restaurant • Bar • Lift • Panoramic terrace and garden.
Overnight hotel in Larvik will now be based in Horten. All other aspects of the tour reamin the same. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. JC 07/01
Overnight hotel in Bremen will now be based in Neumunster. All other aspects of the tour remain the same. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. JC 07/11
Holiday Insurance - tailored for you
At Caledonian Travel, we require you to take out some form of holiday insurance when travelling on this holiday. You are able to purchase a travel insurance policy through Caledonian Travel, further details are available by clicking on the link below. If you prefer, you may take out alternative holiday insurance but we will require you to provide us with details of the insurance policy and cover.
To provide you with a travel insurance policy designed with our customers in mind, we’ve teamed up with specialist insurance providers Towergate Chapman Stevens. Some of the benefits of our insurance policy include:
• All ages are considered
• 24-hour English speaking emergency assistance
If you are British citizen then you must bring your passport with you. If you are not a British citizen you should check via your own embassy whether you require a visa.
Please note: If you are travelling to Ireland, a passport is not required however we advise bringing a valid form of Photo ID such as a passport or a driving license.